We get so stuck in routines that are no longer serving us. Below you are going to find a list of questions that we would like you to answer and change if necessary. At times, these very things are stressing us out and burning us out. Also, feel free to customize this list as needed.
- Do I wake up scrolling? If yes, can I commit to not doing this 1-2 times per week?
- Do I rush to places often? If yes, can I commit to waking up earlier?
- Do I work through my lunches and breaks? If yes, can I commit to not working through a minimum of 1 to 2 lunches and or breaks?
- Do I overwork myself? If yes, how can I prioritize your to-do list and focus on 1-2 things?
- Do I skip meals regularly? If yes, can I commit to not skipping meals 1-2 times per week?
- Do I lack adequate sleep? If yes, can I commit to attempting to go to bed early?
- Do I load up on caffeine? If yes, can I replace 1-2 caffeinated drinks with something else?
- Am I unhappy in any of my relationships? If yes, can I write out what about the relationship is making me unhappy and what needs to change?
- Do I regularly go to the doctor? If not, can I make an appointment this month?
- Do I disconnect from the phone/tv, etc? If not, can I decide on a day and time I can disconnect?
- Do I stay in the present? If not, can I practice a mindfulness technique by paying attention to my 5 senses?
- Do I speak kindly to myself? If not, can I come up with 2 affirmations to say to myself daily?
- Do I eat meals without my electronic devices? If not, can I pick a meal 1-2 times a week?
- Do I take vacations? If not, can I plan a trip or self care day?
- Do I take time out for myself that is not connected to my friends, family, children, partner and spouse? If no, plan a date for myself this month,
If you’ve answered yes or no to any of these questions, it might be time to create areas of change. The goal is not to change everything at once but select 1-2 that you can change at a time. Remember small and large steps ALL matter!!
Shareela Allen, LCSW
Leave a Reply